Thursday 15 May 2014

Work and Climbing

I've been pretty busy again since last blogging.  The usual route setting has kept me going, as well as hanging banners and letters off the outside of the ROKT building.  There have been a few good climbing sessions locally too.  A mileage day at Heptonstall in which we climbed 20 pitches.  All but 3 of these were E2 and above.  On another visit to Heptonstall, I flashed Anti cyclone E5 6b*, which is a steep thin crack finish to Thin Red Line.  One worth doing.

Whilst up in Fort William on a family holiday, I grabbed a couple of hour out with some friends.  A dad's outing that saw us move together and bag 16 pitches of severe in about an hour and a half, and finish at the top of the crag.

Today I had a quick visit to Widdop after hearing a couple of routes had been cleaned.  I quickly soloed Piton Crack E1 5b* and Mantel Madness E3 6a, then thought I'd do my bit and clean another couple.  Stage Fright E3 6a was a great solo and then Hammertime E6 6b* was terrifying one.  A great morning though.

No comments: