Wednesday 4 December 2013

Scout Hut Crag

I made a visit to Scout Hut Crag today, which is another local venue I have failed to visit in the past.  My previous laziness to find these venues is now paying off on the days I only have mornings free.

The crag is quite course and has no polish, which was a real treat So I went on an onsighting mission.  I started off soloing a few of the easier routes like Moon Dance HVS 5a*, Coppice Moon HVS 5c* before stepping up to Arenaceous E2 5c, Loogabarooga E3 6a*** , Slippery People E2 6b* and High Noon E3 5c.  Now fully warmed up I made quick onsight solos of Needle of Dreams E4 6b*** and Strone Road E4 6b*, both great routes/highballs.

Setting up for the crux on Needle of Dreams
Done!!!


slopey holds on Strone Road
I then turn my attention to some of the boulder problems, ticking off all I did onsight as well.  The best ticks being The Golden Fleece font 7a*** and Hanging Block Traverse font 7a+.  a really good 2 hours spent.

Just approaching the end of Hanging Block Traverse


scout hut solos from Adam Hughes on Vimeo.

No comments: