Wednesday 20 November 2013

Busy Busy

The last week or so has been pretty busy, and the computer packing up has not helped the admin side.  I ran a navigation/GPS course last Tuesday in the Calder valley which work3d very well. Short walks bringing us back to base to do the data input side of things, meant we could make tweaks here and there.

On Thursday I was at Climb Rochdale setting for the BMC leading ladder.  A busy day, but a good range of routes set by the team, and a mixof styles too.

Saturday was the start of an SPA Assessment.  However, I woke at 5:30, so decided to head to the Peak early and grab a route.  The intended target of Green Death was wet again, so I opted for the flash of Great Arete E5 5c***.  After a quick ab inspection and feel of the crux holds, I soloed the route.  A terrifying start, but soon really enjoyable climbing.  The weekend assessment went well, with the weather working out well for each days emphasis.   A solid performance by many, meant 7 of 8 passed.

A slight shoulder strain has meant I have been keepi g busy trying to catch up on admin as well as a couple of meetings. Fingers crossed I can make up for it next week.

No comments: