Wednesday 16 October 2013

Shadowline 2nd Ascent

Picking a way up Shadowline

I managed to get out early this morning before the rain and take advantage of cool conditions to grab the second ascent of Shadowline E6 6b at Heptonstall.  The route climbs the arete of Cream on it's right hand side to meet it high up, then finish as the same way.  It was all a bit greasy after yesterdays rain and the this mornings mist, so I abseiled and brushed the route.  It looked like the hard climbing was in the middle, but when I went for the flash, it turned out to be lower down.  I took a couple of falls before twigging I needed to turn my right hand around.  Once I did this it was in the bag.  A few tricky moves through the middle, but not that bad.
Still a few more techy moves to do

This is a good addition by Matt Troilett, who has also added o more direct version on Cream at E6 6a that I hope to get done asap..

2 comments:

Joe Bloggs said...

Nice one mate! Little surprised there's lines left there.

That arete brings back some memories from the Robinwood days! Your first E4 was there remember!

Adam Hughes said...

Very true. Although I don't recall any named Joe Boggs?