Monday 15 October 2012

Gesticulation on Scar Wall

After the rain last night and drizzle this morning, Dan and I found dry rock at Baildon Bank.  Despite the appearance and it's overall tip like nature, some of the climbing here is pretty good,

We warmed up in the drizzle on Hades VS 4c***, but the psyche was low for easy routes in less than stella conditions.  Both Dan and I wanted to do Scar Wall E5 6b* which looked dry.  Dan had already toproped this, so he opted to ab and see if it was dry and clean.  I was keen for the flash, so abseiled and cleaned Gesticulation E4 6b around the corner.  As I had finished quickly, I popped a mat down and thankfully soloed the route to tick off my 100th E4.

Dan was now finished and had opted to give the route a quick toprope again,  Unfortunately, sore elbows meant he was not on full gas today.  I quickly nipped up Scar E2 5c*** to properly warm up and then thought I would get stuck into Scar Wall.  The route is pretty bold, with the crux at half height above a boulder.  Thankfully the crux it not that hard, just a little reachy and I was through and to the top quickly.

We moved to the far quarry where Dan finished off our day on Triang HVS 5a*, a route that had not seen too much attention of late.

No comments: