Saturday 15 September 2012

Early Start and Sore Fingers

Evidence of a good day

After waking early this morning, it seemed a shame to waste the perfect dry cool start.  Despite being a little tired from Thursday, I headed back up to the Bridestones to try and finish off Jerry's Arete armed with a secret weapon, Paul.  Paul has done most of the problems here, so has all the beta I need.  I again made good progress, blowing the top on my best shot, when a pebble I was using as an intermediate snapped.  As my shoulder tired, it was time to move on.

We went over to the Cheeseblock.  Here I climbed the Left Arete V7/8 6c** and made headway on Cheeseblock V9**.  Paul sent both of these, but not with too much ease, as they are tricky little numbers.  A few more problems saw my skin disappear, and Paul finish with a quick dispatch of Tete de Chien V7.  Another I was close to, but too tired and skin too thin.  Next time!!

No comments: