Thursday 5 April 2012

Nice few hours in the sun

Sentinal Wall HVS 5b*

We are still waiting for baby to arrive and I have had a stinking head cold for the best part of a week.  Put this together with the DIY and I was very keen to get out and take advantage of the good weather today.  Again a quick trip to Eppy so I'm close to home, and to keep ticking off the last few easy routes.

The right hand outcrop was in the shade still, and conditions very good.  I soloed around 15 routes here, a couple that I had not climbed before.  The best of these was Dogged Arete E1 5b**..  This means that I only have a couple of routes in the main quarry now to tick the crag.  I also soloed Afro With a Chin Strap HVS 5c** and Miss Rags Tantric Mistress of Mazland E4 6b which I have not climbed for around 10 years.  There is a section of wall here that has no route on it in the guide and does not look traveled, so I onsight soloed that at HVS 5b.  Some nice climbing, but I would be amazed if it had not been already done.

I went to the main quarry and soloed Curving Crack and Main Line both VS 4c**, but it was quite warm.  I called it a day, but it was nice to be out.

No comments: