Saturday 1 October 2011

No One Wept or Alec Trench

No One Wept For Alec Trench E5 6a*** had been on my tick list since I moved back South and saw a pic in the Lancs guide.  Unfortunately, Egerton is a bit of a forgotten quarry, but has some gems worth putting some effort into.  Elliot had done all the hard work and spent a day cleaning the line and practicing it on a top rope, so it was primed for me to come over and flash it.  I had a wait for Elliot, who kindly offered to belay this evening, so thought I would repay his hard work and clean Ice Cold Acid Test E4 6a***.  This route looked right up my street, crimpy wall climbing with no real hard moves and the crux looked low down.  Needing a warm up, I soloed this which was awesome, and very easy for the grade.

Elliot turned up and was psyched.  I had already climbed up and clipped the first runner and climbed back down (over keen during my wait).  The other couple of bits of gear were in from Elliot's session yesterday and are all placed from ledges, so there was no sense in replacing them.  I cracked on and was at the top pretty quick.  The climbing very straight forward and again very easy for the grade.  Probably only F6b and the crux one move of hard 5c.  This did not stop the route being outstanding and worth the drive over.


Making the crux moves



Elliot then led the route smoothly and also flashed Ice Cold Acid Test.  A good couple of hours spent.

I apologies for the pale body in the video and pics.




No comments: