Thursday 23 June 2011

Trollers Gill

I met up with Pete Harris at Troller's Gill Today. There was meant to be a few folks out today, but it ended up being only Pete and I. Despite the very heavy rain on the way there, the crag was bone dry. I had not been here before, but had heard of a few good routes, one of which Pete had been trying. Haslam Is a stiff 7b***, but I was hoping with Pete's beta to get it first go. I warmed up on the easiest line there, The Jack Flap 6b+, while Pete did The Jim Grin 7a*** (which he says he has wired). I was ready to give Haslam a bash and was cruising till I missed a crucial hold at the crux, GUTTED! Pete was then up. He had already had a quick play to refresh his memory with the crux, so cruised through this time. Despite doing the top tricky section differently, he coolly clipped the top. I didn't rest as long as I should have, so had to lay one on to finish the crux, but thankfully recovered fine to finish the route.

Pete then put some work into Hoodoo Guru 7b** (stiff), but despite making good progress tiredness meant that the lead will have to wait. I then flashed The Jim Grin, which I thought was only really 6c+, but awesome! With this done, I had a go on Angel Heart 7c+**. This is very bouldery, but the moves are excellent. Although I was getting tired, and managed to do all the moves, but need to come back when I am fresh.

A good venue that stayed dry and does not suffer from seepage.
















Post Options
Labels for this post:
e.g. scooters, holidays, autumn




No comments: