Thursday 28 April 2011

Pavey Ark

Above: Kat on The Bracken Clock

Today Kat and I went to Pavey for the first time. I am still getting over a torn back muscle, so easy routes are the order of things for a while. With a good number of 3 star classics here, there is no shortage of routes to go at. First up was The Bracken Clock E2 5a,5c,5b,4a*** (102m). This was a pretty good route, but a little on the easy side overall for the grade. A couple of big rp's or super light wild country wires would make the boldish start to the crux pitch safe. I linked the 2nd and 3rd pitch together as it makes sense to make a great pitch. After this route we descended East gully and then nipped up Rake wall End VS 4c***. This was quiet a disappointment as 3 start routes go. The main pitch was a bit average, so I hope the other 3 star routes are a bit better on this crag.

No doubt my back will be a bit sore tomorrow, but the road to recovery is a slow one.

Above: Kat on The Bracken Clock

No comments: