Tuesday 12 October 2010

Back to Craggin'

After working, moving house and being a bit ill I have not been able to get out climbing much in the last few weeks. Elliott came over for a couple of days to take advantage of the good weather, so on Sunday we went to Heptonstall. It was Elliott's first visit, so we ticked off a few classics in the main quarry before climbing a few on the right hand outcrop. 14 routes down and a little tired, we headed home. I was not firing on all cilinders and definately feeling weaker than I have been all year.

Yesterday we went to Armscliff. Again this is a first for Elliott, and he took full advantage of this ticking the 4 3 star HVS's and Z climb eliminate. My day was less productive. The cold wind was a bit too much for me, and after cruising the crux start of Wall of Horrors I had to stop when I could no longer feel my hands, Too Cold! Gutted about blowing the routes I decided to boulder instead. The highlight being a quick send of Pebble Wall with John's better beta.

The message of the last couple of days was I need to go bouldering a get stronger.

No comments: