Sunday 15 August 2010

Blackstone Edge

Today I was on my own, so went to check out another forgotten Lancashire crag, Blackstone Edge. I wanted to try Tryche and Slin and Thippy, both E4 6a in the Lancashire guide, but Tryche is E5 6a in the Western Grit guide. The crag was Green and dirty, so I had to clean the routes quite a bit. Slin and Thippy was first up. This was very sloppy and I found it pretty tricky, with the top out gripping. There where hard sections to sloppy breaks followed by more tricky climbing, making it quite sustained. I found Tryche much easier. The style of the route suited me, with the only 6a move being the last. Slabby climbing on crimps, finger slopers, pebbles and pockets made this and excellent little route.

It is a shame these routes don't get climbed more often as there are some good ones here.

No comments: