Friday 30 July 2010

Daytona Wall

Not having the time to meet up with Pete and Crofty at Armscliff today, I opted to nip down the road to Cow's Mouth Quarry. This was my first visit, and I was interested in trying Daytona Wall E5 6a *** which is the classic of the crag. I warmed up on King B E1 5c*, which was a little dirty and spooked me enough to think twice about the onsight solo of Daytona. After starting up and retreating I threw a rope down and cleaned and practised the moves. This proved the right decision, as there was a hold through the crux I would not have spotted. After a little break, I topped out on the solo psyched that the walk in was not wasted. I rapped up my session by soloing most of the routes up to E2 in the rockfax guide. With 20 routes under my belt I had a contented walk back to the car.

No comments: