Monday 12 April 2010

Woodhouse Scar

Above: V6 Pyramid Buttress

As Tony had torn a flapper on one of his finger's, I was left to my own devices. I went to Woodhouse Scar, which is my new local crag. The grit at this crag is very hard and course, completely different to peak grit. It is situated below a housing estate just outside the town centre, and has a 5 second walk in. Having not been here much in the last 10 years, it was nice to cruise a few classic routes to warm up before attempting to pull a little harder on some boulder problems. As bouldering has been a weakness over the years, it's good to have a few venues close by that have a range of problems to improve on. The temperature was good to start, and I found shade on different problems before my tips gave out mid afternoon.

No comments: