Friday 9 October 2009

DIY is Rubbish

After spending part of yesterday putting the first coat of paint on the kitchen walls I was hoping the weather forecast was wrong. I am still trying to shake the cold I last week, but a super psyched for trad at the moment. Simon bailed this morning so I thought I'd finish the kitchen, but the weather was staying dry. I decided to go a try out my new bouldering mat at Rosyth Quarry. I did my usual circuit, soloing all the routes up to E1 along with a few laps of Philistine. I had never done If pigs could fly or The Stinking Swordsman before, so had a look. I got to the top of If Pigs and realised that the top out was a little over grown and the mat was in the wrong place. A bit gripped and with both hands on the top a reversed thrusters and down climbed the route which was a bit pumpy. The Swordsman was nails. This has to be one of those classic scottish headpointed routes that has a grade that does not feel right. I think I have been going well over the last few weeks, but can safely say I was shut down today. I'll try again, but at the grade can't justify top roping it and leading it might be even harder. I just need to man up I think and learn how to pull harder.

All in a good couple of hours, 30 routes and back to more painting.

No comments: