Wednesday 15 July 2009

Malham

Over the last few days I have been at Malham with Neil doing a bit of sport and trad. We started on Monday on the catwalk warming up on the usual suspects before heading up to the wings for a bit of trad action. I had a crack at Slender Loris which is a limestone classic. After around 2 hours and 3m from the top I blew it. The rain then stopped play so we ran to the catwalk where Neil climbed Mesceleto and I did Rose Coronary.

Day 2 was a dry one on the wings. After the same warm up I led Friday the 13th, which I thought was nippy for the grade. Neil then led Reggatta de Blanc which was very sustained and technical, a steely lead. We finished up with a cheecky 3 star HVS. A great end to a couple of days.

The road back after an injury is a long one, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: